Monday 8 February 2010

Performance

There are many shots in the video that took a lot of time and effort (and food colouring) to get right. These required a lot of team work to get the shots done and quickly and efficiently as possible.

For the blood tears shots, we used red food colouring. The member of the group that was not filming used a prepet to place the food colouring undearneath my eye so it rolls naturally down my face. Once it was at the bottom of my face, more was applied making it look more like tears. We kept the camera rolling, allowing us to just cut out the small parts where someone entered the shot to apply the 'blood'. This required quite a bit of tight editing and some good acting in between blood application to ensure that we got as much usuable footage as possible. The only problem with performing this scene was the red stained face I had afterwards for a few hours so we had to ensure that this shot was filmed at the end of the day.


For the cutting wrist shots, we used a blunt bread knife, placing food colouring on the blade. I then rubbed the knife against my wrist so the food colouring transferred on to my wrist. Once I had made a few cuts on the wrist, Fahmina applied more food colouring to make the shot look more realistic.

Overall, I think we worked well in the performance section and made the shots look as realistic as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment