Research & Planning:
In the research and planning software, not many media technologies were used compared to the other sections in the project. When drawing out storyboards, we scanned in the images onto the computer. This allowed us to create animatics, putting the images to the music. Even though the drawing were only rough and the timing was not exact, it helped us develop a clear idea of what we wanted to create. To research similar products, the internet was used alot. Websites like YouTube and Google were great helps when it came to researching similar products that already exist in the media world.
The first stage in the production process was to import the trac kthat we had finally chosen. To do this, we had to download the music and bring it to school using a memory stick. The version of the song we had had a long beep at the beginning. In Final Cut Express we simply trimmed the beginning of the song using the cut tool, then locked the bar so the music could not be moved or adjusted anymore.
To go with the fuzzy noise that occupies the beginning of the song, we found a effect that fits the sound perfectly. The effect named 'Bad TV' made the image split in two and shake, reflecfting the noise perfectly. This is another way that the music drives the editing in our video. An example of the Bad TV effect is shown below from later on in the video.
Also using Final Cut Express, we were able to increase or decrease the speed of various clips. This allowed us to make each individual clip fit perfectly with the clip.
Through out the construction of the music video, we used two filter on Final Cut Express. the first was colour corrector, the very helpful tool that enabled us to change every clip to black and white. Without this tool, the quality of our would of suffered. We also used the Chroma Key, which allowed us to isolate one colour and leave the rest of the shot in black and white. We used this tool every time the blood appeared in the music video. Without this, the narrative being expressed in the video would suffer.
Example of colour corrector:
Example of Chroma Key:
To create the digipak, I used Adobe Photoshop to edit the images and layer on the text. I then saved each panel as individual JPEG's. This allowed me to insert each image in to Microsoft Word to put all of the images together in the same style they would be in the digipak. I then used the 'Grab' tool on the Mac to take a screen shot of the overall picture. I also took each individual image and put it in to Photoshop and used the 'Free transform' tool to manipulate the images to make them fit on to a 3D CD case. The website was created using Adobe Dreamweaver which allowed Lucy to insert images and create a clear and understandable layout for the website. The buttons and the title were all created in Photoshop and imported in to Dreamweaver as images. Without this software technology, our products would not contain any quality and it would have been very hard for us to create a coherant house style.
In the evaluation process of this project, I created slide shows to bring excellent use of ICT in to the evaluating. This allowed me to improve the overall quality of my evaluation. I hosted the slide show on http://www.slideshare.net/ then got the code to embed the presentation. I also used scroll boxes in the evaluation of my clips. This allowed me to keep all necessary information together, improving the presentation of my work. Without this technology, it would be 100% text which is dull.