Tuesday 30 March 2010

Digipak changes

After a few changes to our first attempt of the Digipak, we are now happy with the final result (seen above).

Front cover:
To start with I changed the the image that appears on the front cover of the Digipak. I used a clip from the music video of me on the park in the graveyard. I then cut Lucy the 'vampire' out of another image that was similar. The clip I used was a snapshot from the music video when Lucy is moving down the path but when she appeared on the opposite side to me. I then inserted the small image of her on to the photoshop page and decreased the opacity to make her appear less dominantly on the image. I then added in the two titles, adding a red drop shadow to both to bring in a colour to the front cover.

Inside:
To create the inside page of the digipak, I started by creating a new file in Adobe Photoshop with a black background. Then, going through the final cut of the music video, I got about 30-40 images using grab on the Mac computers. Inserting all of these images ended up being more time consuming than I first predicted. However, I really like it think it is a great improvement to the digipak, making appear more professional.

CD:
Using the same image as the first attempt at creating the digipak, I cut out the image of me holding the champagne glass full of blood, I cut out the main image using the quick selection tool in Adobe Photoshop CS4. I then added three separate titles with each word in the band name being a separate title. I then added effects to these three titles. I added both stroke, adding a outline feature to the letters, and drop shadow which is effective when the words appear overlapped at the top of the CD. I then wrote the album name in the same font that appears on the front cover , creating a clear house style. To make the product appear more realistic, I added font saying "ALL RIGHTS RESERVED CITY ROCKERS LIMITED" which is the record label in charge of the band.

Back Cover:
To create this back cover, I opened a new file in photoshop that is the same size as the other squares with a black background. I then rendered the image using 'difference clouds' to create the foggy black and white image. I found that this image compliments the front cover as similar colours are used and also, it made me realise, that using a image like before made the back cover appear quite busy and over complicated. I then added the track listing using the same font as the front cover, helping to create a coherent house style over the product. To make the product appear more realistic, I added a barcode to the bottom right and a 'parental advisory-explicit lyrics' symbol to the bottom right. I also added a small piece of text similar to the CD reading 'ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY CITY ROCKERS LIMITED'. These small features largely add to the realism of the product, ensuring that this product will fit in on any shelf in a music store.



Above is all of the images combined into one and adjusted so the images appear as they would on a digipak, done using Adobe Photoshop CS4 and the Free Transform tool. Overall, I like how the final Digipak has turned out and I am glad that I changed this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment